Saturday, September 20, 2008

3 Topics, One Blog

I know most college students feel like this but for me it REALLY feels like the library is my new home! I work there, I study there, and on most days i spent more time awake there then in my own apartment! what the heck!? It makes no sense to me. too bad you can't pay rent according to actual hours spent in the room your renting. But its OK. So this weekend has been fun, i went to dinner with my roommates and then to the big party of the year here in the 'burg. It was fun, even if i was afraid my foot was going to get stepped on the whole night. Not cool. Then I saw an old friend and yeah. Why is it that the people you don't want to be in love with you, are.
So once upon a time i had a Missionary. After much heart felt prayer i decided we needed to stop writing. To make a long story short, we were writing as more then friends and that isn't a way i should be talking to a missionary. I told him we needed to be friends and only friends, he is a missionary and that is his first priority. I stand firmly behind that decision but i think he has a hard time taking it. We had a talk about it the other night I hope he got the point. I was very proud of myself for exercising willpower. But No is a no. Once you've received an answer, that it. OK enough of that topic, i don't like discussing it much.
So I've finished the book of Mormon again. I love that book. I'm not sure how many times I've read it now, but it still amazes me what i can get from it. I have never had the same experience twice when I read those beloved pages. This time around i found the chapter where Moroni is saying his last farewell ( the first time) to be very enlightening. I've now begun to read the New Testament. It can be difficult reading but I love the stories of Christ and i look forward to studying them. Along with all this reading I've been doing a lot of thinking. Mission or not. Yeah, I'm still a year away from it, and a lot can happen in a year, but i find myself wanting to serve. I would love to be married if that is whats right for me, a year from now, but i am living my life as though i am preparing to serve. If i do get the chance to serve i will leave next fall. I guess we'll all have to wait and see, is a mission really right for me.
Its a year of possibilities, a year of decisions, and hopefully a year or growth as well.

No comments: