Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president:
“As a disciple of Jesus Christ, every woman in this Church is given the responsibility for upholding, nurturing, and protecting families. Women have distinct assignments given to them from before the foundation of the world. And as a covenant-keeping Latter-day Saint woman, you know that raising your voice in defense of the doctrine of the family is critical to the strength of families the world over”
We have been issued a call to bring about the greater good and not stand quietly when others argue against the divine roles of the family. On top of that this last few weeks I've been learning in women's health about pregnancy, human sexuality, and the right we have as women to " Multiply and Replenish"with in the bounds of matrimony. Upon a little research i found the meanings of the words multiply and replenish. Multiply didn't really surprise me but the word replenish really stuck a string. The dictionary defined it as to make full, or complete. Think about that for a moment, We have been given the divine calling to use our multiplying abilities to make full, bringing spirit children, into the fullness of this life by providing them with a body of flesh and bone.
I feel so privileged to be raised in a home where this divine role was not under played but embraced. I have to thank my mother for making it possible for me to be brought to the fullness of mortality. I am grateful that I have the ability to someday bring children into this world. As we watched the "miracle of life" video and watched the actual process of birth i was amazed and awed at the perfectness of this experience. Parts of me are a little scared but the euphoria of child birth i can say i look forward to with all my heart. I look forward to the day when get to hold my child in my arms for the first time. Whether i experience that in this life or the next i have been promised that my greatest joys will come from my children.
Mom thank you for giving me life, I will never be able to repay you for what you have done for me, but i pray you know how much i love and appreciate you. With out you I would not be. Thank you to you and dad for teaching me about the Proclamation of the family, raising it as Moroni's banner of liberty, Being proud of your relationship and showing me how to build a relationship with my father in heaven.
Mom again I am so grateful for you, you are not just the women who gave me life, you are the women who I call my best friend.
Top 5 Memories with my Mother
- My mom and I's day at the Wedge in New Port Beach. " The Chase" The day was totally just about her and I and i wouldn't have had it any other way!
- Conversations we've had while I've been at college
- Having the Patience with me to teach me how to cook. I will never forget her making rolls in the "old house" and i wanted to help. She handed me a large orange bowl with some dough to make all my own. It was disgusting but it really got me to love to cook/bake.
- I believe it was in 2nd grade class that we had a career day. Some parents came as accountants, bankers, even police and firemen but my mom came as the best job in the world a full time stay at home mom. She made cookies for the whole class and told them about her wonderful role as a mother. At the time i thought it was cool because she brought cookies but i never realised what exactly she was teaching me that day. She showed me that being a mother is like being a nurse, a chef, a driver counselor, and friend all at the same time, and THAT is the greatest job in the world!
- This is the most recent. K and I went home to surprise dad for his big 50th b-day and mom was in on the whole surprise. As we were driving into the garage i made a bet in the car what mom would come out screaming. And not even a second later mom comes running into the garage screaming and jumping up and down with her hands in the air. It was so funny but still a cool feeling seeing mom so excited to see us! It was great!
I love you Mom.