Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Years

So i'm sitting here in rexburg with Strep Throat and getting ready for a new year and new semester, and a great year. Wow i can't believe it's 2009 already. I am looking forward to the year ahead of me. I have a good feeling about this one. I am taking another 15 credits so its going to be fun. And my apartment is going to be fun. I'm rooming with some old friends from freshman year so its going to be fun. this year had to have been my favorite Christmas. It was a bittersweet holiday, but still somehow my favorite. The time i spent with my family this year was priceless. Christmas eve was the really Family day. My siblings and i all met at our parents home and just spent the day together and played games and made food. a wild idea i know, lol the kerrs making more food. I guess it's just something we do. Anyways my parents did something for us this year that i will never forget. My parents wrote each child a personalized letter. Reading the special words and thoughts brought tears to my eyes. I am grateful that i have this to take with me. that was the big sweet, but the sour was a death in the home ward. A young man who was only 18 died from a accidental drug and alcohol overdose. The family had a very hard time, as well as the rest of the ward. A untimely death is hard for anyone to handle. It had all been very sad, but the funeral seemed to bring peace to many people. I can only pray that the youth i was involved in this summer are making good friends and avoiding these kinds of situations.

Well that is enough of 2008, it is now 2009. Last year was a year of lessons and now i have a year of possiblities. I pray that i will be able to live my life to the best of my abilities and let the lord guide me where he wants me to go. Happy new year everyone!

No comments: