Friday, May 29, 2009

The Power of Being Ordinary

Do you realise that as an ordinary person YOU have extraordinary power? I went to a leadership Forum last week and I've been thinking a ton about the subject. It was actually about blogging and telling MY story. People want to read about Ordinary people doing their own extraordinary things. I have Power beyond measure just by commenting and sharing about my experiences. And you too have more power and influence then you might think.
Think to yourself about the stories you have read or heard that are most touching to you? Are they by leaders of countries? Or are they by and from ordinary people who you can relate to. I find that the most heart wrenching and touching stories to me are told by those who lead ordinary lives and who are willing to share their experiences with me.
I challenge all of you to share something you have learned or experienced today. Answer the question what has made you better today? Where have you seen god's hand in your life? Who is your role model, why? There are so many experiences and stories to share, all you have to do is take the time and share it. You never know who's life you will touch through your experiences.

My Ordinary Experience
"Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments ye shall prosper in the land; but inasmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall be cut off from my presence." -2nd Nephi 1:20

This phrase is basically the theme of the Book of Mormon and as of late I have been pondering upon its application to me. I mean I am a good girl, i don't murder, or commit adultery or anything, but do i keep the commandments of god the best that i can? I am preparing to serve a mission and I can see Satan's influence stronger then ever. I am so far from perfect and I know my weaknesses, and it is apparent that Satan does too. I find i am getting distracted from my goals and letting myself slack. It is interesting how it isn't the "big" commandments that Satan uses to destroy us, it is the small things, which slowly begin to bind me. We all will face challenging things but we need to remember to face those trials with virtue and will integrity. We are asked to follow the commandments of the lord not because they are going to hold us back but because they make us free and truly happier.
I can promise you that if you do the things the lord asks you will be blessed beyond measure. I pray that you never have to experience a time when the lord cuts off his presence from you. Commandments are blessings and through divine obedience you too can be blessed! So this is my ordinary experience, and i testify to you that these things are true, not because i was told they were, but because i have experiences.
Quote: "It matters not that you are well known. What matters is that you are worthy of knowing. "
A. Kerr

No comments: